The Disability Services Commission’s Behaviour Support Program was established to assist people who have a family member who experiences challenging behaviour.
The program is staffed by experienced psychologists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists and social workers.
The program works in partnership with individuals and families to:
- expand their knowledge, skills and resources to help them to cope more effectively with the behavior.
- develop problem-solving skills.
- implement strategies that support positive behaviour and the management of challenging behavior.
- improve their wellbeing, skills and quality of life.
- develop awareness of the factors that contribute to the person’s behaviour and understand why it keeps occurring. The behavior is the tip of the iceberg. To make changes it is important to understand what lies beneath.
- will work with families according to individual needs
- may work with families in their home, in the community or in a Commission office.
For more information contact:
Behaviour Support Program Manager, Disability Services Commission.
Phone: 9426 9200 or 0435 659 498.